Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New module, New lecturer and First lesson

People say that first impression counts and I definitely had a first impression of my Lecturer for my Introduction to Public relations module.

She was definitely someone not to be messed with; strict yet understanding and someone who knows her work very well. Just like what I perceived of her, she got straight to business by telling everyone that she does not like late comers and she would like to start her lectures on time. This, was not a problem for me as I'm usually punctual for lessons except for a few exceptional times. Her name is Professor Tanya and I have a strong feeling that she is going to help me and my friends to excel in this course. 

The first lecture was a simple and understandable one as it was just an introductory lecture. I learnt the difference between Public Relations and Advertising as I always thought they were both similar- although i did not admit it in class for fear of embarrassing myself. I realised that you have to pay for advertising but not for public relations. I also learnt that more companies use the approach of public relations to sell their products instead of advertising as it is more effective. Maybe I will enter the field of public relations since it is an 'In-demand' job so that I can earn loads of money! =)

Overall, I enjoyed the lecture as it was insightful and somewhat easy to comprehend. Than  again, it was just a first lecture and it might get tougher in future. But, I'm pretty sure that Professor Tanya will offer us her generous help and also, my friends and I can help each other out.

Signing off,
nivitra

2 comments:

  1. Heya!!!
    Very interesting post over there. I really like the idea that Public Relations field is taking off and we can make loads of money. Anyways, I guess I will be coming to class earlier so that Im won't be late and get locked out of class. And, indeed we got to learn got a lot of interesting stuff today especially the fact that public relations is more effective than advertising. Even I didn't know about this. And I don't think we should be afraid or embarrassed to ask questions as Professor Tanya encourages us to do so.

    Heres to hoping, i won't be late for classes!

    Signing off,
    Shasi...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also hope you won't be late for classes! I shall sms you to make sure you won't be late. And yes, I will not be afraid to ask questions. I'm really interested in this course and I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete